THEORY OF DRYING
Listen Here :
It is defined as the process of removal of small quantities of liquid from a material by the application of heat.
PHARMACEUTICAL APPLICATIONS OF DRYING –
- It is a unit operation in the preparation of granules which are used in manufacturing tablets.
- To enhance flow properties of materials like plant extracts, plan constituents like oleoresins which are sticky in nature.
- Used in the preparation of spray dried lactose, spray dried streptomycin sulphate, dried aluminium hydroxide etc.
- Facilitating size reduction.
- Enhancing stability of effervescent salts, hygroscopic substances etc Freeze drying of blood & blood products.
- Reducing bulk weight and facilitating transport.
THEORY OF DRYING –
THIS BLOG DOES NOT HAVE ANY PLAGIARIZED CONTENT
K.Sambamurthy, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pg.No-2317-322