BITS, Pilani Admissions to B.Pharm.(Hons.)
Integrated First Degree Programmes
Candidates can apply online with their preferences to First Degree programs starting from 22/5/2013, 5.00PM.
BITSAT Candidates can download their Halltickets now
For more details, click on relevant links below:
- Programmes offered at BITS, Pilani - Pilani Campus
- Programmes offered at BITS, Pilani - K.K.Birla- Goa Campus
- Programmes offered at BITS, Pilani - Hyderabad Campus
- Eligibility for admissions
- Application Procedure
- Admission Modality
- Fees Structure
Eligibility for Admissions: (For Admission to the academic year 2013-14)
For admission to any of the above Integrated First Degree programmes Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2013 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2012 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2013 test. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2011 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2013. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2013.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2013. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
The Institute considers only the latest performance through a public examination for admission. If the results of the latest examination are not available within the due date for submission of application, the candidate will not be considered even if there are some earlier performances of 12th class or its equivalent or any higher examination available with him/her. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
Eligibility criteria for admission under 'Direct admission to Board toppers' scheme:
To be eligible for admission under the 'Direct admission to Board toppers' scheme, the candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th. To identify the topper, the following criteria will be adopted.
a) has taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 12th and
b) has obtained the highest aggregate percentage of marks in 12th among all the students who have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 2013 from the Board. For the purpose of calculating the aggregate percentage, the aggregate marks should include the marks of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in addition to other subjects which are required to pass the 12th examination from the Board under consideration. Further, the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subject marks should be included in the aggregate, irrespective of whether the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are identified as main/optional/elective in his marksheet(s).
Applicants under the scheme should attach documentary proof in support of their claim, along with the 12th mark sheet and a letter from the Board declaring the candidate as the topper in the specified stream. The Institute will also make efforts to get these data from the different boards on its own. In all cases, the Institute will be guided by the data provided by the concerned Board. In cases where for a particular board, the data available before the deadline is insufficient or inconclusive, the admission committee may decide not to make any offer under the scheme for that specified Board. In all such cases, the decision of the Vice chancellor will be final and binding on the applicants
Candidates who are appearing in BITSAT 2013 need to apply through an online form giving Programme preferences and marks obtained in 12th class examination. The form will be available from 3rd week of May. Detailed Instructions will also be made available at that time.
Fee Schedule for the Academic Year 2013-14 (All figures are in INR)
A. The following is the details of the fees for the Academic Year 2013-14 at BITS, Pilani- Pilani Campus
Current Schedule of Fees#
B.The following is the details of the fees For the Academic year 2013-14 at BITS, Pilani- K.K.Birla Goa Campus..
Current Schedule of Fees
C.The following is the details of the fees For the Academic year 2013-14 at BITS, Pilani- Hyderabad Campus..
Current Schedule of Fees
Note : (Applicable to Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campus candidates):
1.$ The above prescribed semester fees is for the FD, HD and PhD students admitted in the academic year 2013-14.For these students, the semester, term and admission fees will be revised upward every year but will not increase beyond 15% each year
2. @ Vice-Chancellor may waive full or part of tution fee to deserving Ph.D. candidates, who are not getting any fellowship or scholarship.
3. * subject to increase according to the nature of courses.
4. All fees are to be paid in advance. Only caution deposit and mess advance is refundable after adjustment of dues at the time of withdrawal from the Institute. This applies to prospective candidates who are seeking admission as well as ongoing students of the Institute.
5. # For some specific programs requiring special treatment, fees and the mode of their payment will be determined by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the Chancellor
6.Every year 24% of students admitted to First Degree Programs get between 25% to 80% tuition fee waivers in form of different scholarships.
7. Students admitted to the Higher Degree Programs will be considered for Teaching Assistantships to the tune of upto Rs. 8800/- p.m. in addition to partial tuition fee waiver scheme.
8. Students admitted to the PhD program will be considered for Project/Research assistantship to the tune of Rs.10000 to Rs. 15400 p.m. in addition to tuition fee waiver of upto 90%.
Instructions for Payment:
(1) The above are for a normal situation. Wherever a student's programme gets modified or his progress is delayed beyond the maximum permissible, such a student is advised to consult the appropriate authority before registration.