Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic and Oflaxacin ophthalmic
These are used to treat bacterial infections of the eye and corneal ulcers of the eye. They show actions by killing bacteria.
Before you take...
1. Before using this medicaments you should know whether you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any related medicines / oflaxacin or any related medicines. Use these medicines only when your doctor prescribes them.
2. These do not show any side effects in pregnancy and breast feeding women. However before using this medicament this fact should be revealed to the doctor.
3. In case, you are using any other medicines it should be made known to the doctor to avoid possible drug interactions.
How to use...
1. Tilt your head; pull the lower eyelid to form a pouch. Drop the medicament into the pouch gently and close the eyes. Don't blink.
2. Keep the eye close for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. If you think you did not get the drop into the eye, use one more drop.
If you missed a dose...
If you miss a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as possible. However if it's the time of the next dose, just skip the missed dose.
Handling of medicament...
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Store away from heat and direct light.
3. Keep the medicine from freezing. Don't refrigerate.
If your eye infection not improved within a few days, or if it becomes worse, consult your doctor.
"This blog does not contain any plagiarized material"
1) Advice for the patient: Drug information
in lay language; USP DI; 1995,15th edition; pg: 548-550.