pharmaceutic-tablets n capsules
1. Which of the following effect is not produced by the increased amount of binder during the design and manufacture of tablets?
a. Improves cohesiveness and compactiveness b. Increases the disintegration time
c. Improves dissolution rate to enhance bioavailability d. Reduces the ability to chip and prevents friability
2. The odour of degrading aspirin tablets is due to the presence of
a. Salicylic acid b. Acetic acid
c. Acetyl salicylic acid d. Phenol and Benzoic acid
3. The drug which is sensitive to heat, moisture and the effective dose is too high with stratification capability can be processed and manufactured which of the following method?
a. Wet granulation b. Dry granulation
c. Direct compression d. All the above
4. Which of the following test reveals the processing problems like capping & lamination in the
manufacture of tablets?
a. Hardness test b. Friability test
c. Disintegration test d. Dissolution test
5. Which of the following is responsible for the poor weight variation of tablets manufactured by wet granulation?
a. Lamination b. Sticking
c. Rat holing and bridging d. All the above
6. Which of the following is used for the determination of granule density? a. Pycnometer b. Hygrometer
c. Gas adsorption method d. Air permeability
7. Which of the following equipment is used to convert moist mass in to coarse granular aggregates
by wet screening process with suitable screen?
a. Roller compactor b. Ball mill
c. Micronizer d. Hammer mill
8. Which of the following is a suitable diluent used in the preparation of tablets by wet granulation process?
a. Lactose b. Anhydrous lactose
c. Spray dried lactose d. All the above
9. Which of the following is used as an alcoholic solution in wet granulation process?
a. Hydroxy propyl cellulose b. Ethyl cellulose
c. Methyl cellulose d. Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose
10. What is the action of anti adherents during the manufacturing of tablets?
a. Reduces the friction during tablet ejection between the walls of die cavity and the tablets
b. Reduces the friction between the granules to promote their flow capabilities
c. Reduces the sticking to the walls of die cavity or to the faces of punches
d. All the above
11. Which of the following material is used in seal coating to increase the disintegration and
dissolution time upon aging?
a. Cellulose acetate phthalate b. Shellac
c. Zein d. All the above
12. Which of the following is a non enteric coating poly acrylate polymer?
a. Eudragit E b. Eudragit L
c. Eudragit S d. All the above
13. Which of the following is process is used to prevent the film defects of picking and sticking? a. Increasing the liquid application rate b. Decrease in the drying air volume
c. Decrease in the drying air temperature d. Reduction of liquid application rate
14. Which of the following materials is used to alters the solubility characteristics of the hard gelatin capsule?
a. Methyl cellulose b. Poly vinyl alcohol
c. Denatured gelatin d. All the above
15. Which of the following equipment is used to deliver cohesive powders in the form of slugs in to
the capsules during filling?
a. Perry b. Hofliger & Karg
c. Farmatic d. Osaka
16. Which of the following soft gelatin manufacturing process is a batch process?
a. Rotary process b. Plate process
c. Reciprocating die process d. Accogel machine process
17. What is the concentration of gelatin used to determine bloom strength and viscosity?
a. 0.066% b. 0.66%
c. 6.6% d. 66%
18. The base adsorption of a solid is given by
a. Weight of solid / weight of base b. Weight of base / weight of solid c. Weight of solid + weight of base d. Weight of solid - weight of base
19. Which of the following is not true regarding the iron present in the soft gelatin capsules?
a. Reacts with the ascorbic acid in vitamin formulations
b. Reacts with organic compounds of phenolic nature to give colored reactions
c. It has an effect on dyes used in capsule shell
d. Imparts opaquing effect to the capsule shell
20. What is the liquid manufacturing vehicle phase for coating with the ethyl cellulose?
a. Methyl ethyl ketone b. Polybutadiene
c. poly dimethylsiloxane d. All the above
1 c. 2. b 3. b 4. b 5. c 6. a
7. d 8. a 9. c 10. c 11. b 12. a
13. d 14. d 15. c 16. b 17. c 18. b
19. d 20. a
enjoy and gain more knowledge..............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Source:THE HYDERABAD ACADEMY