[swf file="ppresentations/NPW 2010 - Raghu College of Pharmacy.swf"]
It is a tradition in RCP to celebrate NPW every year in a grand way.
This year also NPW was celebrated but with added colors and fragrances – first of its own kind.
As an inaugural ceremony, on Nov 13th itself a Trimer District Level PharmaQUIZ was organized in association with Pharmainfo.Net covering 3 districts and 13 pharmacy colleges.
Heighlights of the Quiz include:
- LCD Quiz with 14 interesting rounds
- No Registration FEE for participants, It’s FREE
- 200 students, 34 volunteers
- Indian & Foreign author books as prizes
- Complete video coverage
- Sri R. Uday Bhaskar, Asst. Director, DCA was the Chief Guest
- Media coverage is done
Essay writing and Elocution on the theme: SAFETY FIRST WITH MEDICINES – ASK YOUR PHARMACIST
Singing and Dancing competitions were also conducted
Games like Cricket, Volley Ball, Throw Ball, Shuttle and Kho-kho were conducted
Intra College level Quiz competition was also organized
Mini Health Camp was organized in the campus in which Weight & BP check up, Blood Group determination, Heamoglobin analysis and Blood glucose level estimation with Glucometer were conducted. Around 150 members from all Raghu Educational Institutions participated in the camp.
A Silent Rally with placards was underwent starting from City office via Sampath Vinayaka temple road, CBM compound, Rama talkies road, LIC building road, Jail road finally reaching GVMC road. Around 150 students, staff and Principal participated in the rally. A wide coverage was given by Eenadu, Sakshi, The Hindu, Zee Telugu and Local TV channel.
Pomplet distribution was done for 3 days by inserting in the daily news papers and also during rally. 3,000 pomplets were distributed bringing awareness about Pharmacy profession.
Valedictory Function was planned and executed in a grand way different from earlier functions. Highlights of the conference include:
- RCP e-bulletin with lot of scope to communicate with the Pharma fraternity was released by the hands of our Chief Guest. It was planned to be released as 3 issues annually covering all our activities, achievements, future plans, upcoming events etc. Chief Editor – Dr. Jagadeesh Panda and Editor – Mr. G.S.N. Koteswara Rao
- A video clip on “I AM A PHARMACIST” was released covering the responsibilities and role of a pharmacist in society
- Powerpoint presentation was given on overview of NPW activities
- Chief Guest Prof. J. Vijaya Ratna garu has given presentation on theme and Storage of drugs to enlighten the students. Handouts on the same were also distributed to all
- Guest of Honor Dr. K. Satyanarayana, has given inspiring message to the gathering
- President of the function, Dr. Jagadeesh Panda, has given opening remarks, college achievements and importance of NPW celebrations
- Prize distribution was done to all winners of college level, district level, national level and international level contests
- On behalf of Pharmainfo.Net a LAPTOP was presented to Dr. J. Vijaya Ratna who was the winner of Skills Test 2010 whose one of the team members is our college final year student – Mr. V. Kranthi Kumar.