Nano science and technology is the modern world concept which is based on the science of tiny particle within the size range at least one dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers.
Nanotechnology deals with fabrication and manipulation of the matter on an atomic, molecular and supramolecular level. Supramolecular structure is large molecules which are conglomerated with smaller molecules. Nanotechnology is going to carve a niche in broad and diversified field of science including micro fabrication, semiconductor, surface science,medicine and organic chemistry etc.
The term nanomaterial includes all nanosized materials, including materials that can be engineered or found in nature. Nanotechnology can be described as the technology of composite functional systems at the nano scale of the materials.
They are important because they exhibit unique properties which are significantly different from their conventional bulk counterpart. The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) website describes the property of nanomaterials as "At the nanoscale, the physical, chemical, and biological properties of materials differ in fundamental and valuable ways from the properties of individual atoms and molecules or bulk matter."
Because of their unique features in terms of size and properties nano-scientists and engineers have explored the technology to invent new miracle in diversified field of sciences.
1.Drexler KE (1986). Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology. Doubleday. ISBN 0-385-19973-2.
2. Drexler KE (1992). Nanosystems: Molecular Machinery, Manufacturing, and Computatin. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-57547-X.
3. Buzea C, Pacheco I, and Robbie K(2007). Nanomaterials and Nanoparticles: Sources and Toxicity. Biointerphases 2 (4): MR17-71.doi:10.1116/1.2815690. PMID 20419892.
1. Nanotechnology is that branch of science where the size of the particles used for making different tools and other investigative materials are in the range of 1nm-100 nm.
2. The nanoparticles show some unique physical and chemical properties than that of conventional size particle.
3. Scientists use these unique properties of nanotechnology to develop highly effective tools, equipment and medicines