We have wasted as much as 6 decades by lecturing and showcasing rosy mirage. Honestly, if any one has attained some good position and professional popularity it is because of his own individual capability inspite of the adverse environment all around. Hence I beg all the Pharma bigwigs in all the inter-related sectors with folded hands to please come down to earth, see the sufferings of the pharmacists and understand how they have been disowned by our own people, our own Acts and Rules and our own system making it easy for other co-professionals to push us out. The level and sectors to be addressed are:
1. Academe to make it more skill and field oriented learning program
2. Regulatory to protect the professional rights of the pharmacists and to support their professional service
3. Acts and Rules to ensure people receive professional service only from qualified Registered Pharmacists and protects the Pharmacist rendering service with professional discretion.
4. National Health Policy to recognize the knowledge, skill and capability of pharmacists in drugs logistics and clinical support system.
5. Pharmacovigilance program- a hospital pharmacy program to monitor ADRs and to keep the clinicians informed to prevent preventable ADRs and to promote rational Use of Drugs
6. Health care sector to assign the full responsibility of drugs logistics to the qualified registered pharmacists to ensure effective accountability obviating scarcity and loss.